Dr. Akhil Prasad
Is a Member of the Board of Directors, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary for Boeing India entities in India and is based at New Delhi, India. He has over 27 years of experience as a General Counsel with Indian subsidiaries of globally renowned corporations like the Fidelity International and Fidelity Investments, The Walt Disney Company, General Motors, Electrolux, Xerox and the Modicorp Group.
Akhil has been nominated and recognised in various prestigious General Counsel lists released by Forbes India, Business World, Legal 500, Lexis Nexis and the Indian Corporate Counsel Association. He is visiting faculty of various premier institutions such as DSE, FMS, IIMs, IITs, IIFT, ISB, NLUs and OPJGU.
Professional Memberships & Positions
- Vice-Chairman and Advisory Board Member, Corporate Counsel Committee
- Member, India Working Group; and India Representative to the CSR Committee, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (India)
- Bachelor of Laws (India)
- Certificate in Business Administration (Spain)
- Doctor of Philosophy (India)
- Doctor of Laws (India)
- Fellow Company Secretary (India)
- Fellow Chartered Secretary (England & Wales)
- Leaders Shaping Our Future (Boeing Leadership Center, USA)
- Master of Laws (India)
- Master of Laws (Northwestern University, USA)
- Solicitor (England & Wales, Non-Practicing)
- Advanced Management Program, Wharton Business School, USA
Akhil is one of the founder members of the GCAI and is presently serving as the General Secretary. He has been instrumental in its formation and developing its vision of advocating for the statutory recognition of the in-house legal profession.