Is an Independent Director in several Indian companies and Chairperson in Companies in Nepal. She is also an internationally accredited Arbitrator and Mediator.
She is a Mentor & Coach to General Counsels and Vice Presidents.
During her corporate legal career, in the last three decades, Shukla has been a Member of the Senior Management at Reckitt Benckiser, Xerox India, and Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages in India and in Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Her wide-ranging areas of expertise include Joint Ventures, Acquisition & Refranchising, Strategic Alliances, Intellectual Property, Indirect Taxation, Competition Law, Arbitration, Corporate Governance, POSH, Environment & Sustainability, and Corporate Social Responsibilities.
Shukla has also been a member of various committees of CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, and Institute of Company Secretaries.She is a recipient of several national and international awards in various categories including as General Counsel.
Professional Memberships & Positions
- Member of the Secretarial Board of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Founding Member of the Indian Corporate Counsels Association of India
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) (India)
- Bachelor of Law (India)
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Fellow Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London
- Accredited Mediator on Civil & Commercial Mediation from ADR ODR, London
- Accredited Mediator on Commercial Mediation & Negotiation from Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- Executive Coach - Columbia University, New York
Shukla Wassan is one of the founder members of the GCAI. She brings with her wide and rich corporate and board experience, making this a formidable association for the enhancement and development of General Counsels in India.